When it comes to snacks, I'm mostly a savoury person so I set out to create a healthy, high protein, savoury, muffin snack. That said, I had a couple of these for breakfast this morning and it filled me up for hours!
I kind of surprised myself with how well these turned out, and not only do they taste fantastic when warm and fresh out of the oven, but I almost think they're even better the next day, straight out of the fridge!
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups grated zucchini (approx. 2 medium sized zucchinis)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flower
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 100g crumbled fetta
- 1 tsp A. Vogels Herbamare
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- big grinding of pepper
- Optional: fresh herbs, diced bacon, mushrooms....
- Note: one of the recipes I looked at used baking powder but I didn't use any in mine and it still turned out great.
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Put 10 muffin/cupcake liners in a muffin tin.
- Literally put all the ingredients in 1 bowl; mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Divide mixture evenly among the 10 muffin liners.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
And there you have it!!! 1 bowl, less than 30 minutes to prep and bake, and you've got yourself a healthy snack/breakfast/lunch ready to go.
Let me know what you think :)